Senior Data Scientist
Senior Data Scientist (multiple openings available)
Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations. Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale. Develop comprehensive knowledge of data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for product development. Interact cross-functionally, making business recommendations (e.g., cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information. Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve the quality of online ads products.
Position requires Master’s degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Analytics, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics,
36 months of experience in:
• Statistical and mathematical data analysis techniques (such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods);
• Data warehousing techniques;
• Statistical software (e.g. R, Python, MATLAB);
• Relational database (SQL or MySQL);
• Developing statistical models by utilizing large data sets in large-scale distributed systems (Hadoop, Hive).
• Using common statistical methods and applications (such as A/B testing, probability, regression), data visualization tools (such as Mode Analytics/Chartio/Tableau), and web analytics tools (such as Google Analytics/Adobe Analytics/Amplitude), to analyze large amounts of data and facilitate data gathering and specific data mining.
Worksite: Mountain View, CA
Job Code: BDMTV21-201
Send resumes to: ByteDance Inc., Omesh Seemangal, 250 Bryant Street, Mountain View, CA 94041
Must reference job title & job code when applying.