Data Scientist I
Develop data-driven models and strategies that proactively identify and mitigate product risks and drive improvements to privacy and security of our users and global social media communities in TikToks platform. Analyze large-scale data and apply expertise in data mining and quantitative analysis. Manage product development of general data platform and data analysis tools to analyze multi-dimensional data. Design and develop dashboards, data visualization and key performance metrics to extract business insights. Scale and automate data analyses with machine-learning systems to identify trends, conduct root cause analysis and suggest potential opportunities for process improvements. Partner with products, engineering, and operations teams to build innovative data security projection models to aid in capacity planning and impact estimation related to product risk issues.
Position requires Masterís degree in Computer Science/Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Systems or related field,
24 months of experience in:
1. Statistical and quantitative data analysis techniques, and application of industry-leading data infrastructure and data engineering;
2. Analyzing large-scale data sets to ensure user and content safety on global platform;
3. Use of machine learning methodologies, large-scale distributed systems (Hadoop, Hive) and algorithms;
4. Developing scripting language (PHP, Python, or Perl), statistical software (R, SAS, or SPSS), or data visualization tool (Tableau), to analyze large amounts of data and facilitate data gathering and specific data mining;
5. Relational database (SQL or MySQL);
6. Developing data-driven recommendations to impact product strategy and internal processes.
Worksite: Mountain View, CA
Send resumes to: TikTok Inc., Yen Le Bavis, 5800 Bristol Pkwy, Suite 100, Culver City, CA 90230